Saturday, April 7, 2007

POWER PENZ

the sole pupose of this blog is to document how freaking sweet writing used to be and how we have computers to thank for the demise of great toys like these. i had most of these, but not the glamour kit.


Soundz (really annoying, even to me as a 10 year old)






Air Attack (this one was one of my favorites)











Rocket Slam (also a favorite)












Dart Launcher (those darts never stuck to anything, but they were pretty menacing.)












Scope (kind of lame but essential)












Jet Flyer (obviously the best)













Air Mail (had good intentions but i was the only kid obnoxious enough to have this toy in class so my air mail always got left unanswered)













Laser Shots TAG













FM Radio Rocker










Racers Mini Cars













Rim Shot Basketball









The Spy Kit








the Glamour Girl kit

11 comments:

She Doesn't Exist said...

Yea computers blow

TheMightyBuck said...

this blog brought me back to child hood all over again.
Power Penz were one of the bets toys i ever had. the laser shots tag was awesome.... if you could get anyone else to believe that your pens could play laser tag

Junior said...

There was also one that you could play hockey with, similar to the car racer... and there now are ones you can play foot ball with ones you can spin, do target practice,create a knacker set, and lots of others . Good.Old.Times

Squonk said...

I had one that had a blacklight and had a felt tip, which wrote in invisible ink. I have no idea what happened to that thing, and searching around the Internet I could only find a few references to it. I also had the one that shoots the miniature cars.

ApK said...

Can any one tell me how to change the batteries in the laser shot pens???

Steven Mark Larson said...

APK to change the batteries, you had to remove the pen cartridge tip and remove the plug behind it. I had this pen back when I was little.

Anonymous said...

I had the one with self-inking stamps, and it was geared for young girls.

Unknown said...

Wow...never knew these things existed--but I was cleaning the garage today and in an old bag-o-stuff, I found a Power Pens ink refill cartridge...mystified, I looked it up on the web, and found this page! (Guess ya never know what will appear in a pile of junk that has sat untouched for this long:)

Allison said...

Found the spy pen today at a thrift store for 49cents! Forgot how fun these were. Has mirrors, two coders,a magnifying glass and a red filter. It also has two pens that you rubbed over other letters (?)to make them show up?. I wish I knew how to refill the pen part. Any ideas?

Allison said...

Let me know if anybody has any info on this

Z10Z said...

Been looking for this! Childhood's cravings